Prodigy® Diabetes Supplies – Medicare and Insurance Coverage
Blood glucose testing is an important part of diabetes management. Most insurance companies and Medicare/Medicaid will pay for blood glucose testing supplies. With private insurance or managed care, patients will most likely be asked to pay a co-pay to cover part of the cost of the supplies.
Medicare pays for 80% of supplies once the patient has met their yearly deductible and the patient is responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost. See the www.Medicare.gov site for a full explanation of how your blood glucose testing supplies are covered.
Prodigy Diabetes Care is contracted with certain insurance providers and state Medicaid programs, which may make the Prodigy brand products available to these program beneficiaries at a lower co-pay or at no out of pocket cost depending on the program.